Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tagged! I'm it!

I've got tagged for a meme! Which is pretty freaking cool as, between this and the spam I got earlier this week, it's official: I'm famous :)

Rules of the meme:
A) People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs & replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
B) Tag 8 people to do this quiz. These people must state who they were tagged by & cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. Continue this game by sending it to other people.

Hmm...who can I tag? How about Sheri, Heather, Keri, Angela, Rebecca, Christine, MM, and any of the other girls over on Wunderkin or my fellow critiquers on Blue Diamond. Of course, just if you want to be tagged :)

1. What are your nicknames? Beth IS my nickname. Although my best friend (known her since 1st grade) and I have nicknames for each other: she is Sunshine and I'm Moonbeam.
2. What do you do before bedtime? Usually write. I'm a night owl, so I'm most creative when it's late...kind of a catch-22 during work days, though.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD form? I know this! I'm such a freak. My first VHS was bought by mom for me: Snow White, also the first movie I ever saw. And when I got my first DVD player (in college), I consciously went out and bought Elizabeth, even though I'd not seen it yet, just because the title was my name.
4. What is your favorite scent? Lavender.
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? You say that "only spend on yourself" thing like that would be hard! OK, I'd pay off the bills and the mortgage, then I'd buy a ranch out west and give it to my parents. The rest: half for writing stuff (i.e. professional critiques, computer upgrades, maybe an MFA); the other half for travel.
6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to? I could never go back to those places because what's special about them isn't the place, but the feeling: triumph in climbing a beachside cliff in Malta, fierce independence in going to Bath by myself, sauve-ness in walking the streets of Paris and being mistaken for a Parisian, pride in showing my friends around London, chutzpah in wandering New York at night. Those were one of a kind moments that couldn't be recreated.
7. Do you trust easily? Depends on the thing. I'll hand anyone who's willing a copy of my book for a critique, but in general I'm a private person when it comes to myself.
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Again, depends. If I set my sights, then I plot like a Russian general to take what I want. But if an opportunity arises, I'm off like a shot without another thought--which led to a weekend road trip to Miami (I live in NC) and a bit of an unexpected adventure during Mardi Gras.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? Eh, that's what the gin is there for. I'm pretty positive.
10. Do you have a good body-image? See answer to question 9.
11. What is your favorite fruit? Real fruit: strawberries. Fake fruit (such as in Skittles or snow cone flavors): cherry + grape combo.
12. What websites do you visit daily? See list on the side of my site.
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Nothing?
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Tabitha is thoughtful and insightful--she's always got great things to say about reading and writing!
15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? OK, so this is weird. I've been waking up lately singing random songs. I don't know where they come from. They just invade my brain, and then they're stuck there all day.
16. What’s your favorite item of clothing? Crocs. Love 'em.
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? Yup, with an inch of sugar on top.
18. What would you do if you see saw $100 lying on the ground? If no one's looking for it and no one says they're missing it for a few weeks, I'd spend it.
19. What items could you not go without during the day? Intarwebs. Also: computer--it's the only way I can write.
20. What should you be doing right now? Grading student papers. Progress reports are due Tuesday, I've got a stack to grade, but I'm gonna blog and surf the web and work on my book and not do what I'm supposed to. Ha! Take that, responsibility!

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Mardi Gras is for unexpected adventures, right? I kind of remember that.
And I'm a night writer, too!

Unknown said...

Mardi Gras is always an unexpected adventure in and of itself! :)

Keri Mikulski said...

I love me mes.. Thanks! I'll post on Tuesday! ;)