Saturday, June 20, 2009

Contest

1st: Winners of past contests.
2nd: Announcement of a new contest! (so stick around for the whole post)
3rd: Make sure you don't miss my stockpiled Linkspam or the reason for the blog vacation.

OK FIRST!
The winner of the Silver Phoenix Bookmark is...


[NOTE: Cindy Pon, who is made of awesome, has offered to send ANYONE else who would like one a few bookmark and signed bookplate--so email her and you can ALL get a prize!--pon.cindy@gmail.com]

The winner of the hardcover, first edition of Sarah Prineas's novel The Magic Thief is...


Gaby and Crystal, please email me your address at bethrevis (at) gmail (dot) com, and I'll get your prizes mailed out to ya!


SECOND:

YAY! I've finished my wip! In a mad, my-butt-didn't-leave-the-chair rush on Friday, I wrote almost 10k words and finished the first draft.

In celebration of this, I'm turning off the Internet for...one entire week. Saturday to Saturday: no Internets. None.

And I can't help but wonder....how many posts will line up in my Google Reader? Some of you have commented on how many blogs I read, all of which I subscribe to in my Google Reader. I know I've mentioned before how I've had to hit "mark all as read" just to get through them all.

So what will a week of unread blog posts look like in my Google Feed Reader?

That, dear reader, is your challenge.

In the comment section below, post a guess of how many posts will be in my Google Reader after a week of Internet darkness.

The Prize? A feature interview on this blog, and a special blog award--no one else has it--you'll be the first to win it!



PS: Do I not subscribe to your blog and/or follow you, and you really want me to? It's not because I don't love you--I just sometimes forget to check out all the links I stockpile. Link it in the comments here, and I'll make sure to check you out!

21 comments:

KR said...

3,211
is my guess!

mj.coward[at]gmail.com

Kate said...

Congratuations to Gabby and Crystal!
And my guess is 6,587. I don't know how many blogs you follow so I'm guessing high!

Jo said...

Ohh, lots and lots! I would guess around perhaps 5,000. Bloody hell, if you get that many, it would take you longer than a week to get through them all! So for your sake, I hope it's not :)

Unknown said...

Don't forget--you can check on my profile to see how many I follow through blogspot...I'd guess an addition 15 or so that aren't through Google Follow...

So--high guesses are probably very accurate! And don't worry Jo--I totally plan to skim titles, then hit "mark all as read!"

Anonymous said...

2,371

PJ Hoover said...

Have a nice week off!
And I'll go with 276.

Gaby317 said...

1,313

Enjoy the week off!

Danyelle L. said...

7,357. :D Have a great week!

Steph Su said...

Let's go with 4,027 haha. What a great idea to have an Internet-free vacation; I couldn't pull it off. But enjoy your time off!

Carrie Harris said...

I'm going with a straight 500.

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing, and enjoy that well-deserved vacation!

Davin Malasarn said...

My guess is 1111.

Davin Malasarn said...

And, big congrats on finishing the first draft of your book!

lotusgirl said...

I'm going to go with 823. Have a great week off from the internet. I hope you get lots of writing stuff done.

Christina Farley said...

Yeah! You are rocking girl. Can't wait to read it. Lucky me.

Okay, so I'm guessing 1,777 because 7 is my favorite number.

Kelly H-Y said...

Congrats on finishing your WIP. I'm going to go with 2937! :-)

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Thanks for your blog, Beth. I find something useful every time I stop by.

I'm so proud of you for finishing "Long Way Home!" When you sign your publishing contract I'll see if I can't fly out to North Carolina and take you out to dinner.

Pen Pen said...

...I dunno what linking really means...I've looked it up,but there's no real answers--I feel stupid asking, but -WHat is it?! :)

Anonymous said...

Umm.... 3875

Unknown said...

Contest closed: congrats to Lois, the winner!!!

Pen--I just meant that I'd put a link to your blog in my sidebar if you left your blog address. I think I've already got you, though...

Crystal said...

Beth! OMG! I JUST saw your email about winning the contest! Thank you SO MUCH! This is the first time I've won anything on a blog! Oh wow, I can't belive it. Thanks again, and I will get my address to you TODAY!

WOO-HOO!

Crystal said...

Hi Beth,

Crystal here again! Just wanted to add I was late seeing this announcement because my father-in-law (God rest his soul) passed away last week on Father's Day, no less, and it was just really hectic (we had to go out of town for the funeral). Plus, my husband is still taking it really, really hard, which I know is to be expected. Sigh. It just takes time, I know.
As I was going through my emails today, I say this news, and needless to say, it really brightened my day! Thanks again!