Monday, November 15, 2010

My Greatest Adventure

So I was going to post about my greatest adventure since we're all into adventures these past few weeks. I thought about the first time I went abroad and wandered away from the group I was with to explore the beaches of Malta by myself. Or my second time abroad, when I found the courage to travel the British Railways entirely by myself. Should I pick an adventure closer to home--moving away from home, my marriage, adopting a eat-anything demon disguised as a dog for a pet?

But none of that seemed good enough.

Because you know what? This is my greatest adventure. Each day after the next.

If this is too sugary-sweet for ya, then check out my League post today where I attempt to make Turkish Delight. Y'all, I think I might have to throw out that pan, too.

And if you've not yet, make sure you break the code and figure out the password to the secret page! All the clues are out, and almost 100 of you have figured it out! You have one week left to figure it out and enter for the contest.

8 comments:

Charles. said...

I'm from Malta!! :)
Rawr :3 I'm so excited to read Across the Universe. I shall be the only one to own your book over here!! Unless you become an international best-seller. Which I hope you do.

lotusgirl said...

I'm glad I've been able to share in a small part of this journey.

Alix said...

Aw that was sweet but in the best possible way, not the sickly way :)

The British Railways are an outer circle of hell. Did you brave the tube too?

Matthew MacNish said...

Well said! Thanks Beth.

Colene Murphy said...

Wonderfully put!

Abby Minard said...

OMG, my dog eats anything too, and he's adopted. He's huge- he counter-surfs and can reach the back of the counters. My husband told me he got into the bread tonight. Our vet keeps yelling at us for him gaining wait, and I'm like- we're not feeding him people food! He sneaks it! That's why we have to crate him while we're not home. He always finds a way to get into our food. He's a magician dog.

Anyway, yes- I love that this is your biggest adventure! I am very excited to read Across the Universes.

Christina Farley said...

These are great adventures! Sometimes just going to work and hanging out with my 2nd graders is an adventure.

Anonymous said...

I like this site. Really nice place for all